Careers at TravisMathew
Travis Mathew is a progressive lifestyle apparel company specializing in the golf market. Based in Southern California, the company has evolved to meet the demands of today’s active consumer by blending style, function, performance and innovation. Inspired by fashion, sports, music, and art, the Travis Mathew brand is a reflection of the cultures and lifestyles native to its Southern California roots.
- Sales Associate
Location: Fashion Island, Newport Beach, CA
Experience: 1 Year in Retail or Service Based Environments
Compensation: Hourly + Commission
FT/PT Status: Full Time and Part Time Positions Available
Start Date: April 2014
We are actively seeking Retail Sales Associates to be an active part of the casual refined and social environment of the Travis Mathew retail division. The Sales Associate position is a sales and service focused player on the sales floor to set the tone for selling service and in store culture.
Sales Associates should be approachable, focused, and playful in their approach to the social environment in the store, focusing around building relationships and making our guests lives better in their time they spend in our TM home.
Lastly, don’t forget to have fun while you are working, and enjoy what you do.
- It’s a party and everyone is invited. First and foremost, be a part of the team to create a friendly, open, and inviting environment for our guests to feel comfortable to hang out and have a good time.
- Instill an approachable and efficient sales and service focus on the floor to achieve sales goals and deliver exceptional service.
- The selling philosophy should be focused around building relationships. This is about trying to make people’s lives better by providing items to complement and enhance their lifestyle. Connect with the clients on a personal level thru the love of the brand core metrics. Develop and retain a following of repeat clients to drive individual sales goals.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of apparel each season, including fit, fabric and intended use of the line. Understand and communicate performance and functionality on and off the course.
- Participate in effective product and visual merchandising in the store to drive sales and create a positive customer experience that is easy to shop and outfit head to toe.
- Participate in store event and CRM activities that are subliminal and focused to reward repeat business in a focused, efficient and approachable manner.
- A team player in POS selling and inventory management accuracy.
- Honesty and integrity in all actions.
- One year of retail selling or client service experience in complementary environments.
- Genuine love of the brand and Travis Mathew culture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal social skills are a must.
- You will be required to stand for the majority of the workday; you will need to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch as necessary. You will need to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Email your resume and a brief paragraph in the body of the email of why you are the person we should hire to email@example.com with “Fashion Island Sales Associate” in the subject line of your email.
- Sales Intern
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Compensation: School Credit Only
Start Date: Immediate
**This is an un-paid, for college credit internship**
- Assist the National Accounts Manager and Fitness Sales Director with day-to-day tasks
- Support members of the sales team with projects and assignments
- Attend local tradeshow and events when necessary
- Unpack, hang and organize samples and sample lines
- Assist in organizing all showrooms and storage rooms
- Hours per week: 20 (split across 2-3 days
To be considered for the Internship Program you MUST:
- Be a Junior or Senior currently enrolled at a college or university; or enrolled in an MBA program AND Receive school credit for your internship
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- TravisMathew Trademark Line Account Manager
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Experience: 3+ Years (Do not contact unless you have direct experience/contacts as per below)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and contacts
Start Date: Immediate
We are seeking an established high end/specialty account salesperson to play an integral role in growing a new high end line (Trademark by TravisMathew). They would be responsible for pioneering our Trademark line into “core accounts” as well as major accounts throughout the US.
- Contact their existing list of potential customers and present the Trademark line
- Setup face to face meetings through cold calling and networking
- Develop new target accounts through research and networking of additional distribution channels
- Create a trackable business plan that will be followed up on monthly
- Train Sales Representatives on product, key sales points, and how to overcome challenges with Trademark
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including daily sales calls, weekly work plans and follow-up activities
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Recommend changes in product mix, styling, and policy by evaluating feedback and competitive developments
- 3+ years of related experience with an existing list of specialty retailer and major accounts
- Sales Manager, Account Manager or High level Sales representative experience required
- Preferable but not required strong relationships with sales reps in this channel
- Inherent ability in prospecting, negotiations and closing deals
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated with strong self confidence
- Located in Southern California or willing to Relocate to Southern California (headquarters in Huntington Beach)
Email your resume and a brief paragraph in the body of the email of why you are the person we should hire to email@example.com